This recipe comes from Nigella‘s latest cookbook “At my Table” (recipes from her latest TV series) and works perfectly in a thermal cooker saving up to two hours of cooking power.
The recipe will feed 8 to 10 people and once made it can be frozen if you want to make it beforehand.
To buy Nigella’s book go to: www.MrDsCookware.co.uk/product/nigellas-at-my-table
- 1 red cabbage (900g) sliced
- 1 large red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tap ground cinnamon
- 150 g dried cranberries
- 250 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 750 ml apple juice from a carton
- Mix all ingredients together in the inner pot
- Bring to the boil stirring frequently
- If using a 3L Mr D's turn off the heat and place the inner pot into the vacuum-insulated outer Thermal Container.
- If using a 4.5L Mr D's boil for 5 minutes then turn off the heat and place the inner pot into the vacuum-insulated outer Thermal Container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermally cook without power for a minimum of 4 hours