- 2 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 cm piece of fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp chilli powder use less if you don't like your curries too hot
- 4 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- 500 g mince. This can be lamb, beef or pork which ever you like
- 400 g tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 225 g tin tomato soup
- 400 g tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp fenugreek
- boiled rice This can be cooked at the same time in the top pot
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- Add the ghee or oil to the inner pot over a medium heat.
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger until the onions start to soften.
- Turn down the heat slightly and add the turmeric, coriander, chilli powder, cloves, cardamom and a little water if too dry. Cook for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Mix in the meat, tomatoes, ketchup and soup. Turn up the heat and bring to the boil while stirring from time to time.
- Add the garam masala and fenugreek. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on before putting the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermally cook for a minimum of 2 hours without power.
- Check the seasoning before serving. Serve with rice and sliced boiled eggs on top
Share this Recipe