- 115 g self-raising flour
- 115 g raisins
- 115 g sultanas
- 115 g breadcrumbs
- 115 g dark brown sugar
- 115 g vegetable shredded suet
- 1 large apple peeled cored and chopped
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 4 tbsp dark rum
- 250 ml milk
- 1. Grease a 2 pint/1 litre pudding basin
- 2. Put a trivet in the inner pot. Fill with enough water to come up to 5cms below the edge of the pudding basin when placed on the trivet.
- 3. Bring the water in the inner pot to the boil while you add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix.
- 4. Add the eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind, rum and milk. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- 5. Put the mixture into the greased pudding basin.
- 6. Place a piece of greased, greaseproof paper on top of the mixture.
- 7. Cover with aluminium foil and tie round the edge remembering to make a handle to lift the pudding out when hot.
- 8. Carefully place the basin in the inner pot of boiling water and bring back to the boil with the lid on.
- 9. Once boiling turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- 10. Place the inner pot into the vacuum-insulated outer Thermal Container, shut the lid and leave to slow cook without power for a minimum of 5 hours.
- 11. Once cooked remove the pudding and allow to cool before storing for Christmas.
- 12. Reheat before eating.
Share this Recipe