- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 1 small chili finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 200 g chopped smoke bacon pieces
- 500 g minced venison
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 70 g tomato puree
- 200 ml water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400 g tin kidney beans drained
- salt and pepper
Cooking the chili
- Heat the rapeseed oil in the inner pot over a medium-high heat and add the bacon pieces and cook until they start to crisp slightly.
- Add the onion, chili and garlic. C cook until the onion softens.
- Add the venison and cook until it colours.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander and smoked paprika and cook for a minute.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, tomato purée, water, stock cube and kidney beans.
- Bring to the boil stirring occasionally.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the inner pot into the vacuum-insulated outer Thermal container.
- Shut the lid and leave while you start the rice in the top pot. If not using a top pot leave to cook for a minimum of 2 hours.
Cooking the rice in the top pot
- Add the rice and water to the top pot and bring to the boil, stir and turn down the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, open the vacuum-insulated outer Thermal container and place the top pot into the inner pot.
- Put the lid on the top pot and shut the lid of the outer container.
- Leave to thermal cook without power for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Serve the chili on a bed of rice with a spoonful of sour cream or grated cheddar cheese on top.
Share this Recipe