- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 500 g stewing steak cubed
- 50 g sweet potato chopped
- 40 g dried porcini mushrooms soaked in hot water
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 110 ml chicken stock
- 75 ml rice wine
- 100 g roasted peanuts
- Heat the oil in the inner pot and add the garlic and onions. Cook for until the onions soften.
- Add the beef and stir-fry until it starts to brown.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except the wine. Top up with more stock or water to cover everything.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermal cook for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Before serving stir in the rice wine and check the seasoning.
- Serve with rice and stir fried pak choi and a sprinkle of peanuts.
Share this Recipe