For this dish you an use any beef joint but remember the cheaper cuts will need a lot longer to tenderise them. I served my Pot Roast Beef with lovely creamy mashed potatoes which soaked up all the lovely mushroom gravy. If you have a top pot you can cook your potatoes in that and they will be perfect to mash just before serving.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 kg beef joint. If you choose a cheaper cut it will need longer cooking
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 400g tins cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp beef gravy mix powder
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Add the oil to the inner pot over a medium heat.
- Brown the meat all over.
- Remove the meat and add the onions and garlic. Cook the onions until they a soft.
- Place the meat back on the onions and add all the other ingredients.
- Pour in some water if the meat is not completely covered.
- Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the inner pot into the insulated outer container and shut the lid. Cook for a minimum of 4 hours without power depending on the cut of meat. If cooking it longer bring it back to the boil after the 4 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables of your choice
Share this Recipe