- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 400 g pack of beef diced
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot roughly chopped
- 1 small swede roughly chopped
- 1 parsnips roughly chopped
- 1 leek sliced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 red chilies halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 100 g jar of tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown muscovado sugar
- 400 ml beef stock
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms quartered
- in Coriander leaves and rice cookedthe top pot
- Heat the oil in the inner pot and brown the meat in batches transferring it to a plate once browned.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili and ginger and cook for a further minute.
- Return the browned meat to the pot with any resting juices and stir in the tamarind paste, soy sauce, sugar, stock and mushrooms.
- Put the lid on the inner pot and bring to the boil. One boiling place the inner pot into the insulated outer container and shut the lid.
- Leave to cook for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours.
- Place 2 cups of rice in the inner in the top pot and add 3 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and then give it a stir with a fork to break up any lumps before placing it in the top of the inner pot.
- Leave to cook for minimum of 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve on a bed of rice with a sprinkling of coriander leaves over the top.
Share this Recipe