- 1 pheasant cut into quarters
- 50 g butter
- 2 onions chopped
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml game or chicken stock
- 2 tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 400 g tin of flageolet beans
- salt and pepper
- Season the pheasant with salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in the inner pot over a medium heat making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the pheasant and brown all over. Once browned remove and put to one side for later.
- Add the onions and fry until slightly coloured.
- Return the pheasant and add the tin of tomatoes, stock, peanut butter, the chilli powder and tin of beans.
- Bring to the boil and place the inner pot into the outer container and shut the lid.
- In the top pot add 2 cups of rice and 3 cups of water. Bring to the boil.
- Run a fork through the rice to break up any lumps before placing the top pot in the inner container.
- Shut the outer container lid and leave to cook for a minimum three hours.
- Serve the pheasant on a bed of rice and some nice steamed green vegetables or salad.
Share this Recipe