- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 300 g swede diced
- 1 red pepper cored deseeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 200 g frozen broad beans
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tsp harissa
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cm piece of fresh root ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 125 g okra thickly sliced
- 200 g couscous
- 320 ml boiling water
- juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the oil in the inner pot, add the onion and fry stirring, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the carrots, swede, red pepper, garlic, beans and tomatoes.
- Mix in the harissa, turmeric and ginger.
- Pour in the stock, give everything a stir and bring to the boil. When boiling add the okra and bring back to the boil.
- If using your top pot to cook the couscous turn down the heat to a simmer and place the top pot into the inner pot.
- Add the couscous to the top pot and pour in the boiling water.
- Give the couscous a stir before putting the lid on the top pot and placing the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to cook without power for 2 to 3 hours.
- Before serving add the juice of the lemon to the stew.
- Once served garnish with some torn leaves of mint.
Share this Recipe