This simple recipe for Gluten Free Bread is so easy to make in a thermal cooker. There is no kneading or waiting for it to rise like conventional bread.
- 150 ml warm milk 40°C
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 large legg
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 225 g white gluten free flour blend I use Doves Farm
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp quick yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix together the flour, salt, yeast and sugar.
- In a bowl beat the oil, milk, vinegar and egg together.
- Add the flour and mix to form a sticky dough. You are looking for a thick batter.
- Cut a piece of greaseproof paper to line the bread tin.
- Grease the tin not forgetting the lid and place the greaseproof paper in the bottom.
- Add the batter to the bread tin and leave the lid off.
- In the inner pot add ¾ cup of boiling water and ¼ cup of cold water.
- Place the bread tin on a trivet in the inner pot.
- Put the lid on the inner pot.
- Put the inner pot into the outer insulated container. Shut the lid and leave to rise.
- After 30 minutes, check to see if the dough has doubled in size (filling the tin about ¾). If not leave it bit longer.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, remove the inner pot from the outer container and put the lid on the bread tin.
- Pour boiling water into the inner pot until the water comes about ¾ of the way up the side of the bread tin.
- Put the inner pot on a heat source and bring back to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down so the water in simmering. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes with the inner pot lid on.
- Turn off the heat and place the inner pot into the insulated outer container.
- Shut the lid and leave to thermal cook without power for a minimum of four hours. It can be left overnight.
- Once cooked remove the tin from the inner pot and carefully take off the lid.
- Leave for a few minutes then run a knife carefully around the edge of the bread and turn out onto a rack.
Share this Recipe
Great recipe but don’t forget to add the oil in stage 1.